Man who stalked a woman, snuck into her house and murdered her had named her on a kill list

A man accused of stalking a woman before sneaking into her home and stabbing her to death while she slept had allegedly written the victim’s name down on a ‘kill list’ months earlier.

The list had been in the hands of the police at least twice before the murder, it has been claimed.

But officers reportedly failed to act on the information because the unidentified suspect had only been deemed a ‘moderate risk’.

Officers from both the Australian Federal Police (AFP) and Police Transport Command (PTC) reportedly came across the note which named the mother-of-one as a target when they stopped the suspect on two different occasions.

The woman, who had previously claimed the suspect had spent months stalking her, had also shared her concerns about the suspect on social media.

She also claimed to have reported the man to police last year, but no record of the complaint has been found.

Sadly the woman’s concerns proved to be true, as months later she was found dead in her home, in a regional area of New South Wales.

The notepad, in which the ‘kill list’ was written on, was also allegedly found at the scene, The Daily Telegraph reported.

The accused killer was arrested three days later and was charged with the murder.

It was only during the investigation into the alleged murder that officers realised the man had slipped through the net not once, but twice.

A police insider claimed an AFP officer had seen the man acting suspiciously near to a government building in late 2017.

It’s understood at the time he was in possession of the notepad which documented the alleged ‘kill list’.

The female victim’s name is believed to be on the list alongside that of former Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull, Opposition leader Bill Shorten.

But the man was only deemed a moderate risk by the AFP’s Fixated Threat Assessment Team, who evaluated him based on a standard checklist.

The AFP failed to share details of the incident with the state police, the publication reported.

Authorities reportedly scuppered a second chance to apprehend the man when he came to the attention of PTC.

Just weeks later PTC officers searched the man on a train and found the same alleged notepad.

But although the officer is understood to have kept a record of the encounter and flagged the list on an internal system the names were not passed on.

Having flown under the radar twice, it’s alleged the man seized his opportunity eight months later, and snuck into the woman’s home and stabbed her to death. 

Just one day after the brutal murder police came to the conclusion that they had already seen the alleged ‘kill list’.

‘The names on that list should’ve been forwarded on, don’t bother doing the job if it’s only half done,’ a source said.

The man in question has since been charged with murder but has not yet entered a plea.

The suspect is due to appear in court at the end of May. 

Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *